Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Reading and "Interpreting"

Today my students were reading books for the Pearson Foundation WeGiveBooks.com Read For My School campaign.

On their own they decided to take turns "reading" and "signing". They said "I will sign"! To me it seems like they are taking turns "interpreting" for one another, but we don't really use that word much at this age.There are three different clips on the video. Check out their facial expressions! That is apparently how I look when I read to them! The last clip makes me laugh because clearly that is how he thinks I look when I sign!

We love the We Give Books site because it is just like reading a "regular" book. It doesn't read to you, so kids get the opportunity to "read" by making up a story based on the pictures. This is a great skill to have!






P.S. Don't forget to read books for the campaign this week so we can earn books for our school!

No comments: