Monday, November 17, 2008

DonorsChoose.org

You may remember signing a permission form for Donorschoose.org at the beginning of the school year. DonorsChoose.org is a nonprofit website where public school teachers (like me!) submit proposals for materials or experiences their students need to learn. These ideas become a reality when concerned individuals choose projects to fund. Donors who complete project funding or give more than $100 receive photos and personal thank-you notes from the kids they helped.

I want my students to have as many great learning opportunities as possible, but sometimes the items I want are a little out of my price range! To address this issue, I turned to DonorsChoose.org. You have seen the firefighter, police officer, mail carrier and doctor costumes in our pretend play area. Those were items I received through people funding a proposal at DonorsChoose.org! I also recently received a video camera that was funded through DonorsChoose.org and I look forward to taping our school day to share with you!

My newest project proposal, Little Ones Need A Place To Sit, is now posted at DonorsChoose.org! Check it out at:
http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=206522

Take a look! This is a proposal for a large learning rug for our Circle Time. Also, please consider forwarding this link to friends and family who might be interested in making a donation to this wonderful wsebsite. Lots of companies and individuals make donations to charities every year, why not this one? The donations are all tax-deductible!

No comments: